Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Job of a SAHM

Most of the time people think that us Stay At Home Moms (SAHM) just sit on our ass, pig out, watch tv all day long. Nothing makes me more furious! I have been a working mom, a work at home mom (WAHM) and a SAHM. They are all equally tough and all have their pros and cons. For people who think that a SAHM does nothing, they need a reality check and I give them a day with my two boys and my two daycare kids before they pull their hair out and run for their car screaming!


I am a...Bottle, Chef, Chauffeur, Accountant, Personal Assistant,Nanny, Maid, Nurse, Teacher, Artist, Songwriter, Storyteller, Disciplinarian, Entertainer, Wardrobe Manager, Personal Playground, Sounding Board, Therapist, Nightmare Chasing, Boo-boo Kissing, Dental Hygienist, Coach, Father, Playmate, Sibling, Friend -I AM A MOTHER.


I do not get breaks. I do not get to "clock out". I do not get vacation time or sick days. I do not get to run into the store real quick. I do not get to sleep in. I do not get weekends or nights off. I do not get a pay check. I do not get a tax return. I do not get a thank you or a promotion. I do not get a twenty minute commute in peace. I do not get a 401k or a retirement. I do not get to potty by myself.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN to all of that! Especially the "I do not get to potty by myself". I will relish the day that I can pee alone without a little person opening the door and following me in with a stockpile of toys. lol :) I read an article once that said that if you added up the amount of work that an average SAHM mom does and how much the equivalent hired worker would be paid, we'd be paid an annual salary of like $200,000 or something like that. We are really underappreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You are soooo right! I constantly hear people telling me I'm lucky for I stay at home with my son. Lucky? Yeah...right! It's just hard to manage my business, our house, our dog and of course my 2 year old boy all at the same time. And I totally agree... we definitely do not have weekends off, nights off and go potty by ourselves. I was just thinking about this last night. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you said! Well said. I'm enjoying your blog too by the way.

    ReplyDelete