Friday, August 21, 2009

Playdough Fun

I have been been wanting to make play dough for a while now
Today we finally got around to making it
These are our ingredients
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 tbsp, cream of tartar
(the smaller container of cream of tartar only makes about 2 batches, so buy a bigger container if you want to make multiple batches)
1 envelope unsweetened kool-aid pouch
1 cup water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Instructions:
mix flour,salt,tartar,koolaid and water in a medium saucepan
stir in oil
mix over medium heat 3-5 mins or until all of your dough pulls away from pan and forms a ball
it kinda reminded me or scrambling eggs for some reason lol
This is what it will look like in the beginning
then it will get lumpy as you stir

Then it will start to form a ball
your almost done :)
Knead dough until soft

We made 4 colors today
red, blue, purple, and orange which looks kinda yellow in my pic


And an action shot with my two boys and their friend playing

All I had to buy
that I didn't already have in bulk from sams
was the koolaid and cream of tartar
only cost me 5.00
and it made a TON
I will look for cream of tartar at sams so we can make a few more colors



1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! What a great idea. I just have one question what is cream of tartar?

    ReplyDelete